Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kanebo Media Shiny Essence Lip A in RD-02 and BR-02 (testers)

Today I am reviewing the cheapest lipsticks I ever got from a Japanese brand...well, their retail price is about 1000 Yen/each but I scored both together for less than US$3 on eBay =D Only drawback is that they come in tester tubes (and I believe you aren´t allowed to list them nowadays) but to try a new range of lipsticks that´s still pretty nice, right?
Generally I am quite fond of Kanebo´s inexpensive Media line as most products offer good quality at an affordable price.
I had an eye on the Shiny Essence Lip A range for a while but didn´t order one as none of the online shops listed it (though I can always ask one of the ladies running those stores to list those lipsticks hehe). 
I was really happy when I found a duo of the Shiny Essence Lip A on eBay even though the color codes weren´t listed and the pic showing the colors was so dark I couldn´t really see anything. 

Actually it´s  good that the pic was not clear as I would not have purchased those colors as to me they looked warm and unsuitable for me at first when I received them and I was a tad bit disappointed and wanted to set the lipsticks aside instead of trying them out.
The colors somehow fit into my fall mood though so I decided to give them a go anyway and I discovered that they are perfectly nice neutral shades =D

The Shiny Essence Lip A lipsticks come in smooth silver tubes (which I discovered when I removed the plastic tester slips after taking the pics) so they look simple and elegant and similar to the design of Kate
The texture is really creamy and moist and feels very comfortable to wear which surprised me a bit given this is such an inexpensive product. The lipsticks contain marine collagen, jojoba oil and are free of fragrance and show up really well as the amount of pigments is quite good.
Lasting power is good, about 3-4 hours (with a bit of fading) for me if I don´t eat or drink.  

RD-02: A pretty neutral slightly brownish red. I actually fell in love with this color as it´s not my usual kind of color but still looks gorgeous especially for fall paired with a silvery gray smokey eye makeup!
BR-02: This looked like an orangey caramel brown in the tube so I was going to skip trying this as it´s totally not the kind of shade I like. When worn however the orange tones are less visible so it turns into a pretty creamy nude shade with mixes well with my natural lip color ( I have rather pink lips).
Overall a really nice product and worth trying. I am definitely going to pick up more colors later on (probably in my usual nudes and pinks and roses lol).


Rating: 5/5

6 comments:

ashura said...

Wow you make RD-02 super yummy looking!! Quite a unique color i must say. You apply your lipstick so well. Do you just apply or you use a lip brush?

galpal.hi said...

You scored a really good deal and both of those look great on your lips.

*Kat*

Kathi said...

Hi,
I use lipstick straight from the tube after using a lip base/balm and lipliner =D

And thanks, ladies =D

Risa said...

I love the lipsticks. Te colors are absolutely gorgeous.

xx

Kym said...

Goegrous colours and the price ... excellent deal! Would you mind to share the ebay seller's details please? Many thanks!

clementine said...

What do you search for, LOL?? You always get such amazing deals!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates